The World Curling Federation understands the value in an individual’s privacy and does everything to ensure compliance in EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). Strict procedures and safeguards are in place throughout the infrastructure, ensuring transparency and accountability.
Up to date personal data will be gathered legally and under strict conditions. The World Curling Federation collects personal information to effectively run and manage the Federation. This information is only used in the following specific context:
- For legitimate interests
- A legal obligation in order to comply with the law
- Protect vital interests of individual or those of another person
- Public Task – an official public interest
Only the necessary and relevant information required for the specific purposes will be shared.
Anyone the information is shared with will be obliged to protect it from misuse and exploitation.
- Governing bodies – to assist in event management, disciplinary issues and maintenance of competition licences
- Local Organising Committees (registered event organisers) – to enable event organisers and officials to manage registered activities and communicate with participants
- Contractors – who are subject to written contractual conditions to only process that personal information under World Curling Federation instructions
- Member Associations – to communicate with and administer activities for those belonging to their association
- Sports results agencies – to collate results and reports for the World Curling website on behalf of the World Curling Federation
- Statutory and Legal Authorities – e.g. WADA. Police
- Data Hosting Companies – data storage and hosting of digital platforms
- Authorised Third Parties – for specific purposes covered by legal contract
Access to information will be deemed as required for the role, additional access in data out with the definition of the role must be approved by the World Curling Federation
International storage and transfer
The information collected may be stored, transferred and processed in a country outside of the European Union in compliance with applicable laws. Safeguards will be created and maintained to ensure that personal information is subject to the same standards of protections as inside the European Union.
Data retention period
The World Curling Federation holds information about you for only as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
Any data breaches will be reported without undue delay and no later than 72 hours after the World Curling Federation becomes aware of it.
Data Subject’s rights
Data protection laws grant you, as a Data Subject, certain ‘information rights’, which are summarised below:
- Right of access – You have the right to obtain a copy of information held about you
- Right of rectification – If you feel that any data held about you is inaccurate, you have the right to ask for it to be corrected or rectified
- Right of erasure – You have a right to ask for information to be erased where you can demonstrate that the data held is no longer needed by the World Curling Federation
- Right to restriction of processing – You have a right to request that the World Curling Federation refrains from processing your data for specific purposes
- Right to portability – You have a right to receive any personal data that you have provided to the World Curling Federation in order to transfer it onto another data controller
- Right to object – You have a right to object to the World Curling Fedeeration processing your personal data
- Right to withdraw consent – You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal data
Any requests received by the World Curling Federation will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have the right to raise a complaint with the Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk
Internet cookies and log files
The World Curling Federation records and logs how you use the website. This information is used to analyse traffic patterns and visitor behaviours and is not identifiable to anyone and no attempt is made to make it identifiable. The third-party service, Google Analytics, is used to review trends.
Users can sign up to various distribution links. The World Curling Federation only uses personal identifiable information that is voluntary provided and this information is handled confidentially and only used for legitimate purposes. Users can opt out at any time.
Sponsors and affiliates
The World Curling Federation only uses trusted sponsors and affiliates who have a high standard of user privacy and security, however the Federation takes no responsibility for their privacy policies.
Error: Access Token is not valid or has expired. Feed will not update.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
There's an issue with the Instagram Access Token that you are using. Please obtain a new Access Token on the plugin's Settings page.
If you continue to have an issue with your Access Token then please see this FAQ for more information.