The World Curling Federation have now adopted Rule C1(b) into the Rules of Curling and Rules of Competition for the remainder of the 2021–2022 season following the conclusion of a three day evaluation window by the Member Associations.
Rule C1(b) states: The Board of the WCF may remove a team or Member Association from any WCF event if in the sole opinion of the Board their presence at the event would damage the event or put the safety of the participants or the good order of the event at risk.
With this rule adoption, the World Curling Federation Board have now approved the removal of the Russian Curling Federation entries from the following events:
- World Women’s Curling Championship 2022
- World Men’s Curling Championship 2022
- World Mixed Doubles Curling Championship 2022
- World Senior Curling Championships 2022
- World Wheelchair Mixed Doubles Curling Championship 2022
- World Junior Curling Championships 2022
Decisions on the 2022–2023 season will be taken following the 2022 Annual General Assembly, at which Rule C1(b) would need to be adopted by the Member Associations on a permanent basis.