Do you have a passion for communications? Do you want to want to work for one of the fastest growing Olympic and Paralympic winter sports? If yes we would like to hear from you.
The World Curling Federation is looking for a Communications and Media Relations Manager to join our team and help share the sport of curling with the world.
With an extensive portfolio of international curling events, expanding development programme and one eye already on the PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games, the Communications and Media Relations Manager will play a vital role as the sport continues to grow.
We are looking for someone with an established track record of successfully managing communications, delivering them to a consistently high standard.
You should be educated to degree level with over five years experience in a similar role within a company, association or organisation.
This full-time position will be based at the World Curling Federation office in Perth, Scotland but would require the successful candidate to undertake significant travel and irregular working hours to support the work of the Federation at Events
worldwide (circa 100 days away from the office).
We’re looking for people who have an excellent skill set across all aspects of communications and media relations, including experience in engaging with social media and dealing with the media both as part of a busy press office and at events.
Strong written and oral English, an understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher) and experience of website management are all key requirements of the position.
Whilst knowledge of curling is not essential, it would be an advantage to have previous experience working at sports events.
Additionally, you will be able to demonstrate an excellent eye for detail, strong copy and editing skills across online and offline platforms and most importantly, you will have a pro-active, can-do attitude with an abundance of energy and motivation, ready to take on this fast paced, rapidly evolving role.
In return, we offer a great working environment, a competitive salary (dependent on experience), attractive annual leave and the opportunity to travel the world working as part of an exciting and dynamic sports industry.JOB DETAILS
Communications and Media Relations ManagerStart Date:
As soon as possibleContract:
Dependent on the experience of the candidatePosition Overview:
This position would be based at the World Curling Federation’s administrative office in Perth, Scotland. However, we would require the successful candidate to undertake significant travel and irregular working hours to support the work of the Federation at Events
worldwide (circa 100 days away from the office).
The WCF Communication & Media Relations Manager will work collaboratively with WCF colleagues and contracted media and communication professionals to ensure greater awareness and understanding of the sport of curling and the work of the World Curling Federation worldwide.
Communications work will encompass various platforms: WCF Websites, Social Media Platforms, Media Releases, Media Guides, Newsletters, Corporate Communications and the WCF Annual Review.Key Tasks:
- To develop and implement a communications strategy
- To deal with enquiries and requests from the media
- To prepare event media materials such as media guides
- To plan and coordinate media operations at WCF Events including media team logistics
- Oversee the provision of media facilities at WCF events
- To manage contracted media personnel and trainees at WCF events
- Provision of session reports and daily round-ups from WCF events
- Oversee the management of Mixed Zone activities at WCF events
- To maintain the WCF Media archive (photos, video, printed communications)
- To co-ordinate WCF input into event publications, including programmes
- To support senior staff and Board members with interviews and media engagements
- To oversee the WCF Sports Media Trainee Programme
- To oversee the WCF Media Assistance Programme
- To produce the Quarterly President’s Newsletter
- To coordinate the production and editing of the WCF Annual Review
- To manage and develop the WCF Crisis Communication plan
- Support the provision of content for website and social media outlets
- To provide Member Associations with communications support
- At least five years’ experience in corporate communications or journalism/media relations in a company, association or organisation
- Excellent written and oral English language skills. Other languages would be an advantage
- Knowledge of communication outlets - social media, broadcasting and print
- Excellent organisational, planning and managerial skills
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Experience of working at sports events
- A knowledge of curling is not essential for this role
To apply, send a cover letter along with your curriculum vitae (resume) and two examples of written work to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 15 June 2015
It is anticipated interviews will take place on 25 or 26 June 2015.